Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships
Applications for 2018 are closed. 2019 scholarship applications will be available in November 2019.
Since 2015, Alabbar Foundation has awarded 40 scholarships totaling approximately $1.3 million. The foundation awards scholarships to full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students who meet the following criteria for the 2019-2020 academic year:
● Full-time student (bachelor´s, master´s, or PhD students).
● Field of study – normally a major in Engineering or IT related discipline.
● Career objectives in engineering, technology, management consultancy, etc.
● GPA of 3.3 or higher.
● Relevant work experience (optional).
● Leadership skills.
● Involvement with activities in civic, community, and social affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset.
● November 15th: Beginning of application round. Applicants can begin submitting applications. Application is made online.
● February 15th: Final deadline for submitting the applications.
● March/April: Shortlisting completed. Semi-finalists contacted for personal interviews.
● May: Scholarship recipients announced.
● August – September: Placement and departure of scholars.
The selection of the scholars involved a highly competitive online application process in which students were expected to write essays to showcase their determination to succeed and their commitment to giving back to the region, as well as providing evidence of their academic performance and financial need. Shortlisted students will be interviewed by the scholarship committee as a final phase of the selection process.